Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our luck with dogs!

**I'm not warning you this time Kim!**
You will only read it anyways!
But our luck with dogs is not good. Chowder our dog we have had since he was born. Got ran over Thursday evening by 1 of our neighbors. He called us to let us know and I went looking for him. Sadly we didn't find him. So for the next several days the boys and I would go walking looking in the woods by our house, No luck. We finally gave up hope for him Sunday after noon. I told the boys that the buzzards would find him.(sad I know) Yesterday on our way home from school Dayton asked if we could walk one more time to see if we could find Chowder. I told him "No." As we turned in our driveway there he was on the porch. Kinda lifeless. Of course Dayton starts crying and then Braylen says "I'm gonna cry too!" At this point we didn't know where he was hurt but we knew that he was hurting. He slowly got up and I told Dayton to go get so feed and has Dayton opened the shed door where the feed was Chowder jumped up and limped to the feed. So happy to see him moving I began to cry too. As you can see his mouth is messed up and he has a gash in is left leg and the right back leg is swollen. But he's not giving up. Jamie & I were the attending Doctors as you can tell. We didn't have anything to wrap his leg with so we used an old t-shirt and duck tape. LOL!

Update on Kujo. He has always looked sad. But he is doing lots better.
I wanted to show off his new collar. It's a John Deere one.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah your right I read it anyways. =( Good old duck tape, works for anything! lol Glad Kujo is doing better.

Kristy said...

Your freakin' dogs have 9 lives! You want a cat??? C'mon- you know you do!!